Research@Central is characterised by diversity and internationalism, and informed by industry connections of the staff, bridging the creative industries and the academy, and producing a range of outputs relating to theatre and performance practices and practice research.
Our Research Aims drive our strategy, plans and activities:
- To undertake and disseminate research of the highest quality, across a range of forms within academic contexts and with a reach to local, national and international communities.
- To unite creativity and intellectual enquiry with professional practices and radical innovation.
- To investigate (through exploratory, innovative practice and scholarship) theatre and its ongoing relevance to, and impact on, culture and society.
- To develop an ethos that combines theoretical pursuits with an understanding of the intellectual needs and aspirations of contemporary professional practice – through experiment, innovation and critical enquiry.
- To provide ethical leadership to the discipline across areas of advocacy, legacy and innovation.
- To promote and engage in research-led and research-informed teaching.
- To offer graduate training of the highest order, educating future generations of theatre researchers and innovative practitioners.