On Monday 21 January 2019, Central Staff and Students began their first official week of classes in the School’s newly completed North Block building.
The eagerly awaited new facilities comprise:
- A Sound Stage dedicated to film, media and digital work allowing for the exploration of recorded media, augmented and virtual reality projects and gaming innovations. The Sound Stage’s technical infrastructure is entirely digital and a green screen facility is available.
- Five new double-height rehearsal studios including
- A top floor movement studio replete with natural light and fully sprung floors
- A white walled experimental studio which allows for the exploration of new and devised work and with flexible seating for up to 60 people
- A new public, courtyard theatre with a demountable gallery, creating a configurable balcony for both performers and audience members
- A full range of ancillary spaces including new dressing rooms and teaching rooms, office suites, meeting spaces, and communal break-out spaces
All production and performances spaces have been equipped with LED lighting systems and Digital sound capabilities. These new facilities give Central a great opportunity to ensure that students have the very best access to cutting-edge, modern amenities that will further enhance their training.
Central is excited to share this fantastic new space with its community; details of a formal opening ceremony as well as further opportunities to tour and explore the North Block will be shared very soon.
Read more about the North Block building.