If you are accepted on a Summer Short Course, the following rules apply:
- Places will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis
- Central reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel any of the courses described in the publication
- In the event of us withdrawing or cancelling a course full fees will be refunded
- Students who do not attend because of illness, personal or professional commitments do not have the right to transfers or refunds
- Courses can be taken independently or consecutively to form a unified programme of study. Many students take a number of Short Courses to build a wide range of skills. We work hard to support students’ learning needs, for example, group sizes are generally small so that tutors are able to nurture and develop creativity.
How to Apply
Central’s Summer Short Courses are extremely popular so we recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment.
Once your application has been processed you will receive an email containing a student ID number, please then call the Short Course team to make payment and confirm your place. Your receipt will be handed to you on the first day of class.
You can include your credit/debit card details in the application form, or you can contact the Short Course office on +44 (0)20 7559 3960* to make a payment.
Alternatively, you can pay by cash, credit or debit card at Central’s Reception.
All fees must be paid in full before your place on the course is confirmed.
Terms and Conditions
Right to Cancel
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 calendar days from the day of the conclusion of the contract (which will be the date upon which full payment is made).
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London, Eton Avenue, London NW3 3HY, UK, Tel: +44(0)20 7722 8183*, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
- Subject to Clause 8, if you cancel your contract within the 14 day cancellation period, we will reimburse all payments received from you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which you inform us of your decision to cancel your contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, the Supplier will not charge any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
Model Cancellation Form (PDF, 46KB)
We can offer you a refund, minus a 15% cancellation fee, if you decide to withdraw from a course up to 14 days before it starts.
Unfortunately, within two weeks of the start date we are unable to offer any refunds.
We are unable to defer places on the Summer Short Courses.
Central offers a concessionary rate for some courses and you may be eligible if you can submit proof with your application form of being an EU citizen in receipt of benefits for unemployment and/or disability within the UK.
* Our phone lines are from 9:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. During busy periods we will be closed for lunch from 1:00-2:00pm.