Private Halls of Residence | The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama

Private Halls of Residence

There is a wide range of Private Halls of Residence near Central to choose from.

There are two options for students who want to live in Halls: The University of London Intercollegiate Halls and Private Halls

Some of our students choose to live in Private Halls of Residence. These privately managed student halls are not owned by Universities: most of these are owned by commercial companies and some are run by charitable institutions. Charges vary widely from as little as £170 per week for a single room with a shared bathroom to £426+ per week for a single study bedroom with en-suite facilities.

Rooms in Private Halls can vary in price depending on the length of contract, size of the room and location. Students should consider what their commute to Central will involve and remember to budget for the cost of public transport.

The halls listed below are within walking distance or within a 30 minute commute of Central. All of the privately owned hall listed below are signed up to the ANUK Code of Standards for larger developments or have been visted by Central staff before being listed. ANUK carries out property inspections but Central staff do not inspect these properties. Older Charitable Halls (visited by Central staff before being listed) do not need to be signed up to the ANUK code.

For more information on private halls, please email the SAS.

University of London Housing Services

The University of London Housing Services has an extensive list of private halls located all over London. Contact them to find out more.


Student Advice Service

+44 (0)20 7559 3900