University of London
Degrees from Central are University of London degrees and certificates name both the School and the University. The University of London is a federal university, made up of nineteen self-governing colleges offering virtually every subject covered in any university curriculum:
- Central School of Speech & Drama
- Courtauld Institute of Art
- Heythrop College
- Institute of Cancer Research
- Institute of Education
- King’s College London
- London Business School
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Queen Mary
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Holloway
- The Royal Veterinary College
- St George’s
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- School of Pharmacy
- University College London (UCL).
Some of the nineteen colleges are in their own right, as large and diverse as most universities, and others – like Central – are small, specialised and internationally recognised in their own fields.
For students, therefore, Central combines the advantages of a specialist institution on a human scale, dedicated to drama, theatre and performance-related teaching and research, with those of a large world-class university.