Living in Halls

Living in Halls of Residence is a popular choice with students as you do not need to look for private rented accommodation and can help from a budgetary point of view as you know exactly what your costs will be, including bills and meals, which can make managing your finances easier.

Wardens provide help and assistance at the majority of Halls. Students with disabilities can be supported - please contact the Hall directly if you require accessible accommodation.

University of London Intercollegiate Halls

For 2012/13, the allocations at the University of London Intercollegiate Halls are as follows:

Nutford House (Edgware Road/Marble Arch) - nineteen places

College Hall (Goodge Street/Russell Square) - four places

Connaught Hall (Euston/Russell Square) - four places

The International Hall (Russell Square) - nine places

Lillian Penson Hall (Lancaster Gate/Paddington) - four places (Postgraduate students only)

Please note:

  • These Halls are around a twenty – forty minute journey by London Underground or bus.
  • Halls are generally catered (two meals per day are provided and included in the rent) and you are not permitted to cook your own food.
  • Applicants are also advised to read the Licence agreement carefully before signing.

Details on how and when to apply for the 2013/14 academic year will be available in 2013.

University of London Self Catering Accommodation

Through the University of London's Property Management Services, all students can apply for single rooms in self-catering flats at Clandon House in North Finchley. 

You are required to view this accommodation in person before you can accept a room there.

Details on how and when to apply for the 2013/14 academic year will be available in 2013.

Private Halls of Residence

There are a number of privately run student halls, some run by charitable institutions and some by commercial companies. Charges vary widely from as little as £85 per week for a shared room to £300+ per week for a single study bedroom with en suite facilities.

Within walking distance of Central

Arthur West House (Hampstead)
Netherhall House (near Finchley Road station) – please note this is a male only Halls of Residence.
University Hall (Hampstead)

In other areas of London or large organisations with property in many areas

International Student House
Cass and Claredale House
Goodenough College
Therese House

Please note that these links are provided for guidance only and do not constitute an endorsement of any kind by Central.

PGCE Students

Students on PGCE courses spend most of their time on placement in schools all over Greater London so there is little advantage in moving to accommodation close to Central, indeed since most of the placement schools are not in north west London, if you move closer to Central, you may have more travelling to do rather than less. You may want to consider private halls in East London such as Cass and Claredale and Unite.

The PGCE Course staff work very hard to try and arrange placements for students close to where they live but if everyone moves to North West London that becomes an impossible task.